What Licenses and Registration are required for new hotel business?
No matter what business you are starting, getting the license and accomplishing the different registration processes is vital. Likewise, getting Licenses and Registration is one of the important steps while starting the hotel business. It makes your presence valid and ensures that you are abiding the rules and regulations made by the Government of India. Fulfilling the license and registration requirements makes you reliable, trustworthy, and equally responsible.
While there are certain license and registration requirements that are required irrespective of the type of hotel you are opening, some are needed only in certain situations. In this article, we are talking are going to provide information on what licenses and registrations are required for a new hotel business.
The license becomes essential if you are planning to provide a bar or liquor facility to the visitors. At the same time, the Pollution Control Board License and a separate license for conducting specific events in the hotel premises is also imperative. Apart from these, the essential license you will be required for running the hotel business in India include the following-
- Business Registration
- Premises Permit
- Food License from Food Safety and Standard Authority of India (FSSAI)
- Health/Trade License from the Local Civil Authority of the area
- Eating House License from Licensing Police Commissioner of the city
- Liquor License from the local Excise Commissioner of the city
- Fire department License from the fire department of the area
Apart from these essential licenses, the important registrations you need to get the following-
- Goods and Services Tax (GST) Registration
- PF Registration, if your establishment uses more than 20 employees.
- ESI Registration, Worker’s State Insurance (ESI) enlistment is compulsory in India for Businesses that utilize at least ten representatives.
Along with these, you need to verify the services like fire safety permit, building permit, elevator, etc. from the officials of the concerned department. Absence of these essential licenses, registrations, and permits may result in a hefty fine and, in stern cases, may even shut down your business.
So, if you are baffled about the license and registration requirements for your new hotel, contact us to get a thorough insight as well as advice on the same. We provide the right information on all your license and registration formalities based on the type of hotel you are willing to open. Feel free to contact and get answers to all your dilemmas.
Back to Top